Thursday, November 18, 2010

Family Treasure Found in 100 Year Old Dresser


I occasionally refurbish old furniture. I was recently refurbishing a dresser that had been in a family for over 5 generations. While cleaning the inside of a draw to prepare it for finishing, I saw what appeared to be a wire in the drawer slot where the bottom slides into the side. As I gently pulled on the wire I discovered it was a fine chain that kept getting longer and it was attached to a round object wedged in the corner of drawer.

This round object was very dirty, but appeared to be a diamond. It still has not been determined if it is a diamond or just glass. The stone and necklace have been returned to my customer. She is looking into the origin of the treasure. I will let you know later if we found a lost family Diamond.

No comments: